Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pitt Guys Contributing


This is a rare time that my living in Vegas actually helps me contribute to a blog on Pittsburgh sports. The NBA summer league is in town. If you don't know it's almost like NFL spring OTA's except it's just for rookies, guys trying to make the team, and some players who just need a little work. Two summers ago I ran into the Sonics at the gym. Man, Kevin Durant does not like to lift weights, but I digress. Two Pitt players hit the court tonight, Sam Young for the Grizzlies and DeJuan Blair who lucked out and fell to the Spurs in the draft. So now he gets to play next to Tim Duncan and have Tony Parker feed him the ball. Both former Panthers did well, Young dropped in 14 points, grabbed three rebounds and stole the ball twice. Blair had 13 points and 10 boards in 22 minutes. Now they're playing against some scrubs, but who knows this could be a start of some healthy NBA careers for these guys. I'm hoping to go check out some games this Friday. I'd like to see some of the other rookies like Steph Curry and Blake Griffin. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. REad where the Spurs signed McDyess. May cut into Blair's playtime.

    ReplyDelete