Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What? Really?



I stand before you, knee deep in the bullshit.

That's a line from Cheats, one of the funniest movies that nobody's really ever seen, I highly recommend you check it out.

Anyway, two things have been chapping my ass for a couple days now since it first came out, so here goes.

1. Terrelle Pryor was named the pre-season pick to be the Offensive Player of the Year in the Big Ten. As my title says, "what, really"? Pryor's good, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't all that fantastic last year. I saw him completely dominate high school football here in Western PA, but his passing has always been suspect, and last years' numbers bear that.

He only completed 60% of his passes with a piddly yards/attempt of 7.95. He dinked and dunked to a veteran receiving corp that deserved better (I think OSU would have done better last year with Boeckman as the starter). His rushing numbers weren't even that great for a player of his talent.

So where's that leave him this year? Sure, he should be mentioned as a top candidate, his talent is ridiculous, but with losing his RB (Wells) to the draft and his goto WR's (Robiskie and Hartline), he's going to be more of the focus of opposing defenses. They'll gear up to stop him and he'll have to show he can beat them with his arm. Can he?

The homer in me says why not Clark for pre-season POY? I mean, he was the offensise POY last year and he's coming back, seems like a no brainer to me.

2. This here though, a "technicality" perhaps, always pisses me off, from the original P-G article:


"...whose Buckeyes also were selected as favorites to capture their fifth consecutive Big Ten championship."

No comments:

Post a Comment