Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Battlin' Bucs and Bloodsport




Well, I wanted to do a nice post this morning about the Pirates' game last night, but thanks to Comcast, my cable was out.

So now that I'm at work and of course not working, I wanted to give some props to the Pirates.

I start out watching the game as I'm in and out of the house cooking on the grill. Thankfully I didn't have to sit wholly through another Ian Snell disaster. Smizik's right, Snell needs to go down, or something. He's a headcase, and he's a cocky asshole who blames anyone but himself for his shitty pitching. He needs knocked down a few pegs for that alone, but he's simply not getting it done.

The middle innings were ho hum. The bullpen kept the game close. Thankfully again I didn't have to watch the game entirely because VS. had this on, and frankly, when that's on most everything else takes a backseat.

So the dilemma started around 9:45ish, when the Pirates were making their 8th inning comeback. My remote flipping skills were in their full glory as I flipped back and forth between key at bats and the final fight against Chong Li.

Needless to say, I didn't miss an at bat, and I saw the great fight for the most part. A HOF performance by myself, I must say.

To the Pirates though, props first to the bullpen for shutting the door. Second props go to the batters for finally getting some timely hitting (although McLouth looked like me swinging out there a few times). Third props go to the defense for some sparkling plays.

Say hey too, how about that Andy LaRoche...Starting out the year 0-20, now hitting over .300. Have we finally found our third baseman of the future and does that mean that super prospect Alvarez gets moved to first?

No comments:

Post a Comment