Friday, June 5, 2009

The Outrage That I don't Understand Continues


So fans are really mad about this McClouth trade. The P-G interviewed fans about it before the game. I've said what I have to say about it. But I really would have to like to have read some fan interviews from after the game. I mean as long as fans are going to be so fickle let's at least capture the transition over the course of a few hours. Anyone still mad about the trade after McCutchen put on his show is either a moron, or someone who just likes to complain. I think the morons were outnumbered.

This was my favorite part of the P-G's fan reaction article.

"I've been a Pirates fan long enough to see it every year," Jeff Bennett, who walked up to the game with his son and purchased tickets, said yesterday about the seemingly annual trades of promising players. "Who's next?"


OK buddy, so you're outraged... but you're still buying tickets. Way to send a message to management about what a terrible job you think they're doing.
I say if you're mad don't spend the money. So that means don't buy a McCutchen jersey. You'll have to tape over the V-O-G-E-L-S-O-N-G on the #22 jersey you bought in 2005.
And here's something else for the complainers to chew on.
One more thing worth pointing out. It looks like the Pirates Single A squad the Lynchburg Hillcats are holding a "Trades that Infuriated Pirates Fans Bobblehead Series This Summer." On July 17th it's Aramis Ramirez night, followed by Nate McClouth on August 15th.

1 comment:

  1. Snell and Karstens, look over your shoulders.

    That guy they interviewed is a hypocrite.

    Most importantly though, what date are the Hillcats having the Vogelsong bobblehead?

    ReplyDelete