Friday, May 22, 2009

Morning Dump 5/22




Heavy on the Pens link updates with their big win last night.

- Recaps: ESPN here. P-G here. Seth from EN's at the P-G with the best one here. My post from last night when I got home from the game, the rambling mess of run-ons and fragments, summed up my thoughts quite well.

- And now for the, deserved, Malkin love fest: Burnside from ESPN here. Collier here. And lastly, some guy named DeCock (huh huh huh) from Carolina here.

- Puck Daddy at Yahoo has a good take and some observations on the game last night.

- Malkin's goals. The VS announcer said it best on the third goal with his stunned initial call, "Oh my word".

- Speaking of goal calls, does it get any better than Pens broadcaster Mike Lange? The correct answer is 'no'.

- Super goalie Cam Ward was rattled to say the least. He wouldn't have been able to stop a beach ball thrown at him last night.

- Last, but certainly not least, I think that Satan is smiling in this picture as he pops the Carolina player. I'm officially scared of him. Last time I saw someone smile in a fight like that was here.

- The Pirates blew an 8th inning lead last night in a loss. They won the 5 outta 7 that they had to in the last 2 series, and have won 3 series in a row. They however go into the House of Horrors known as Interleague Play where they've sucked hind tit.

1 comment: